Differences between current version and predecessor to the previous major change of Help/ActionPage.
Other diffs: Previous Revision, Previous Author
||Last edited on December 16, 2018
||Last edited on March 9, 2017
@@ -1 +1,6 @@
The term ActionPage refers to a page containing a plugin
invocation with the same or translated pluginname as the pagename.
An action is together with the pagename argument the basic
It can both be GET or POST actions. Actions are untranslated, always
English, pagenames can be localized.
Basic (and old) actions are all lowercase, like edit, browse, remove, ...
Newer actions in CamelCase are invoked via plugins on their
specific action page.
We decoupled actions from plugins via action pages for the following
- Support translated action buttons and customizable action descriptions.
- Customize standard actions by tuning the plugin invocation arguments.
Override or add plugin defaults.
- Split simple plugins into multiple actions, like RecentChanges/RecentEdits,
AllPagesOwnedByMe which differ only in one argument.
- Simplify the syntax for actions on another actions using a PageList
as result of an actionpage as input parameter for another action or
- Those actions which have buttons or links in the theme or are
referenced in the standard pgsrc pageset require their
(possibly localized) actionpages, otherwise the actions will not work.
- If the localized actionpage is not found the english version is
- If no actionpage is found, it is recommended to do action=upgrade,
which imports all missing and required action pages into the database.
So for a hypothetical new MyActionPage plugin MyActionPage will
invoke the plugin and Help:MyActionPagePlugin should be the description page.
See PluginManager for a detailed list. Most plugins should have their
own description page as subpage of Help/ with the name Plugin